Ellomay Capital Announces Results of 2018 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
TEL AVIV, Israel, June 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Ellomay Capital Ltd. (NYSE American: ELLO; TASE: ELLO) ("Ellomay" or the "Company"), an emerging operator in the renewable energy and energy infrastructure sector, today announced that at the annual general meeting of the Company's shareholders held on June 21, 2018 (the "AGM") the following proposals were adopted and approved by the required majority:
- Reelection of Shlomo Nehama, Ran Fridrich, Hemi Raphael and Anita Leviant as directors;
- Approval of extension of the Company's 1998 Share Option Plan for Non-Employee Directors;
- Approval of extension of the Company's 2000 Stock Option Plan;
- Approval of amendments to the Company's Second Amended and Restated Articles of Association, as more fully described in the proxy statement;
- Approval of a new form of indemnification undertaking and exemption, which includes an undertaking to provide liability insurance, and providing such undertaking to current and future office holders, including office holders who are deemed controlling shareholders;
- Approval of purchase of directors and officers liability insurance policy; and
- Reappointment of Somekh Chaikin, a member of KPMG International, as the independent auditors of the Company for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2018 and until the next annual general meeting of the Company's shareholders, and authorization of the Board of Directors to approve, following the approval of the Audit Committee, the remuneration of the independent auditors in accordance with the volume and nature of their services.
The proposal relating to the reelection and terms of service of an external director was removed from the agenda.
For more information, please see the Company's Notice and Proxy Statementt relating to the AGM furnished on Form 6-K to the SEC on May 17, 2018.
About Ellomay Capital Ltd.
Ellomay is an Israeli based company whose shares are registered with the NYSE American and with the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "ELLO". Since 2009, Ellomay Capital focuses its business in the renewable energy and power sectors in Europe and Israel.
To date, Ellomay has evaluated numerous opportunities and invested significant funds in the renewable, clean energy and natural resources industries in Israel, Italy and Spain, including:
- Approximately 22.6MW of photovoltaic power plants in Italy, approximately 7.9MW of photovoltaic power plants in Spain and a photovoltaic power plant of approximately 9 MW in Israel;
- 9.375% indirect interest in Dorad Energy Ltd., which owns and operates one of Israel's largest private power plants with production capacity of approximately 850 MW, representing about 6%-8% of Israel's total current electricity consumption;
- 75% of Chashgal Elyon Ltd., Agira Sheuva Electra, L.P. and Ellomay Pumped Storage (2014) Ltd., all of which are involved in a project to construct a 156 MW pumped storage hydro power plant in the Manara Cliff, Israel;
- 51% of Groen Gas Goor B.V. and of Groen Gas Oude-Tonge B.V., project companies operating or developing anaerobic digestion plants with a green gas production capacity of approximately 375 Nm3/h, in Goor, the Netherlands and 475 Nm3/h, in Oude Tonge, the Netherlands, respectively.
Ellomay Capital is controlled by Mr. Shlomo Nehama, Mr. Hemi Raphael and Mr. Ran Fridrich. Mr. Nehama is one of Israel's prominent businessmen and the former Chairman of Israel's leading bank, Bank Hapohalim, and Messrs. Raphael and Fridrich both have vast experience in financial and industrial businesses. These controlling shareholders, along with Ellomay's dedicated professional management, accumulated extensive experience in recognizing suitable business opportunities worldwide. Ellomay believes the expertise of Ellomay's controlling shareholders and management enables the Company to access the capital markets, as well as assemble global institutional investors and other potential partners. As a result, we believe Ellomay is capable of considering significant and complex transactions, beyond its immediate financial resources.
For more information about Ellomay, visit http://www.ellomay.com.
Tel: +972 (3) 797-1111
SOURCE Ellomay Capital Ltd
Released June 21, 2018